Seiten

Problems with Blogger (UPDATE 2)

Yesterday I activated the 'Followers' gadget and the title is shown as can be seen on the right. And of course there are no followers at the moment because the blog is too new. I waited a little bit to see if I can get into a routine of blogging. And I think I am and so it was time to switch that on.

But now there is no button shown to become a follower. Strange. And in my profile I activated the display of the list of websites I follow. But this list also does not show up.

I ticked all the right options and I also switched it on and off to trigger the process but to no avail. I searched for help online. Nothing. Only the usual stuff: klick here, klick there, follow public. If I would not have done that.

Any idea anybody?

[UPDATE]

OK, the 'Follow' button was a problem for the script blocker. That is a 'social media' function and all of them were suppressed by default. I fixed that.

But the list of sites I follow does not show up, whatever I do.

[UPDATE 2]

Did you ever encounter that so called 'experts' don't have a clue? Look at this 'answer' to exact this problem from a 'Diamond Product Expert' on the support forums. With cryptic words he says to the user : click the checkbox in the 'Edit User Profile' dialog. Then he says something using different accounts that's more or less unrelated.

I looked at the profile of the original poster. His question is from 2019 and the list of his followed sites is still not displayed. And the forum question is closed because the 'expert' had enough of it. 

But he and another 'Platinum Product Expert' who wrote ' Never knew that feature existed."(I think he means the checkbox...) got more 'points' in the support system FOR NOT FIXING ANYTHING.

Is that 'Brave New World' or 'Planet of the Apes'?




No comments:

Post a Comment