Seiten

Exhaustion is never normal... keep an eye on it

I have just found that in my post before the last post there was already a sign of my (in fact ‚little‘) health problem. In March I wrote that I am doing the rough things like priming when I can‘t concentrate. It seems that the slow down I encountered was already in full progress month ago. And I was thinking that the weather, the rain and the corona crisis was the reason for my weariness.

One would think that a person with my background would be more careful.


Around this time, 30 years ago, I was in a hospital fighting cancer. I had a very hard time. Heavy operations followed by several month with chemotherapy. Not the ‚soft‘ kind of which I hear of today so often. The kind where the medical personnel was wearing protective clothing when they gave me the infusions because that stuff was so extremely dangerous and aggressive. (Not to protect me from infections because everything else was done without special protection.) I needed a full year of recovery and I had some side effects like neuropathic pain of which I hope and pray that I will never have it again.


I remember watching the news coverage of the Gulf War on a small TV set while I was lying in my bed in hospital. My brain, completely confused by the drugs, was constantly switching between reality and very strange dreams. And when I was dreaming I became part of the fighting! When I see these green night vision pictures of rockets over Baghdad today it still sends me back to that time of my life.


But as time goes by you go back to normal. You forget to be on the watch.


Would you go to a doctor when you feel a exhaustion for a while? Of course not, because we all think that‘s normal. I really think it is not. There is always something accountable for that. Maybe not something medical but there is something wrong that needs to be fixed.


Maybe we should all keep MORE THAN ONE eye on ourselves.



No comments:

Post a Comment