Seiten

The Great Reinforcement - Box 1 - A lot of stuff from the "World of Greyhawk"

As already mentioned, I haven't painted or built much in the past few months, but of course I haven't forgotten my hobby. Late last year I came across a number of online auctions from a dealer I know who had bought up a very large Wargaming collection and was selling it in bulk. And among them were two boxes with fantasy miniatures. Luckily nobody had discovered these offers and so I was able to acquire them without having to fight over it.

And here are the contents of the first box. Most of them seem to be figures from Minifigs 'World of Greyhawk' series released around 1980.

Of course I checked it and found out that you can actually still buy some of the figures. (Or again...?) But the whole nature of the mentioned collection as well as the very old-fashioned paint job and the practically 'antique' grass on the bases suggests that these are actually very old figures. 




A first look at the content. Fortunately, they came
all in large groups and not just single figures.
The legacy of a wargamer.


Hmm what is that? Elves with blowguns?

More men for Brandors avengers?


Barbarians. If you still have doubts about when they were designed,
check out the haircuts...


Nice, I always wanted to add some amazons.
Or are these just female barbarians?



2 comments: