Seiten

An 8% jump

The vikings I wrote about a long time ago are finally ready. I bought a good part of them painted on a crisis convention years ago. For a while now I was on and off working on re-basing, repairing and partly repainting them. Yesterday evening I was ready and the guys went straight from the painting table to my (IKEA) miniature cabinet. I should have waited a little bit longer... the PVA glue on the bases was not dry enough and now I have to clean the glass. But I was so happy. And tired, it was very late.


So where is the jump? Well, I have an spreadsheet file that I use too manage my collection. The front page shows an overview of all projects with the amount of planned miniatures, how much missing, how much painted and so on, the project themselves are on separate sheets where they are split in armies and units.


A few days ago.


With the vikings now ready and the Brigant archers from last month the percentage of miniatures painted for this project jumped from 36% to 44%! Of course, the Vikings may not be ‚fantasy‘ miniatures but at the moment they belong to Retrosia and so are counted like that. Here they carry the name of the NORDMARK army and belong to the land of THULE.


(THULE is split in three kingdoms now: Runestone (Barbarians), Nordmark (Vikings, also called „the Sea People“ in this game) and Fimbul, the home of the northern Dwarves.)




Some leftovers still have to be done, one of them is missing his right hand and that means modeling a bit. I hope I can help him. As you can see commanders, champions and heroes get a slightly bigger base now to make them recognizable.


I think I will have to make the vikings a little bit more future proof. To make it possible to take them out of the fantasy context one day and use them for SAGA or other historical games I think I will have to add some archers or so.


So, enough for today. Happy Easter days to everybody!




1 comment: