Seiten

Season 3 from The Outpost is here...

...and I feel a great relief. I expected a collapse of the production due to the Corona crisis. Never seeing a solution to the Cliffhanger from Season 2 would have made me really sorry. And a little bit angry I must confess. I feel more relaxed today. Nerds. They are all crazy.


I really like the show. And not only because I want to see the extremely attractive (big understatement) Jessica Green. No, I like the style. The fantasy elements of that world are not so prominent (means : not everybody flies around and pretends to be an elf or a super hero) and it has a good mix of action and humor. Story and the setting are understandable without having to refer to a flowchart of characters and events. A series that is solid and straigthforward screen entertainment where not everything is big and shiny and comes out of the computer. 

Finally and very important: whithout a mental breakdown of one character in every episode. That's a problem with a lot of TV today.

(My proposition to all fictional chars:  If you have mental problems : Stay out of Fantasy and Sci-Fi series. And especially stay away from zombie apocalypses. Please. We have all seen you run around and it wasn't funny. Stay home next time because... if we meet in the story I would not shot the zombies first... Yes, Rick, I mean you and your bunch of psychos. And wash your hair! There is plenty of shampoo in all the empty houses. And clothes.)

The third season of The Outpost is now available and 13 more episodes have been announced. Because these additional episodes are not referred to as a season, I'm afraid that the show will be over then. That would be a real loss and I hope the end of it lies far away in the future. I would like to watch it for many years to come if it remains true to itself.

The Outpost has a Facebook page : Klick here. I would also like to link to the show on the website of 'The CW' but here (outside the USA) I can't even open their website due to 'licencing restrictions'. Wherever you live you will find it in your TV program or streaming channel. And if not : Season 1 and 2 are available on DVD now.

No comments:

Post a Comment