Seiten

Riders of the Retrocalypse

Another unit for the Copper Mountain Army. I had riders from here and there and alltogether they now make up the Horsemen of Copper Mountain. Or as I call them: 'The Riders of the Retrocalypse'.

Some Essex miniatures, some RAFM barbarians (see last post), Excalibur dragon riders on Essex horses, knights from Nemo Miniatures...and the guy in front is of unknown origin, his horse is from Essex and his weapon is from... Games Workshop? Reaper? Who cares. He has a big axe, who wants to discuss that?

Only good glue and a great commander can hold these guys together.

By the way, I cover my minis in glossy varnish. I like the look. But it is not easy to photograph them, they are to shiny. Maybe I will change that, it is still possible. I once tried 'Anti Shine' from Army Painter and that worked really good.

Making this picture I realized that I need some backgrounds so that taking photos for the blog will be quicker and easier. That allready was on my 'list', but far in the future. I'm doing this earlier now.

Not that I am really working with a schedule or something. This 'list' is in fact a great amount of numbered (and titled) directorys on my computer related to segments of my projects and in which I collect textfiles, pictures, pdf's, ideas, notes, inspirational material and other informations for a single task or subproject. And a storage for everything that comes in. The numbers are used to produce a - more or less - usefull sequence of tasks.

The numbers of the directories are arranged in steps of 10 so that I can put one or more of them somewhere between two others to move them to a different position. From time to time I re-number all diretories to get the gaps again. Not manually of course, in the filemanger 'Thunar' (Linux) this task is done with a few klicks.

If you are a little bit older - I think (and hope) younger people don't come in touch with it anymore - you may remember this technique from BASIC programming. We sorted our source code like that when BASIC still had line numbers (later there were versions that did not need line numbers any more). 

From the time when men where real men and manuals were real manuals.
Nothing to romanticize, but it was kind of fun. And the manual was great.

I had not planned to do it that way, it came with the process of sorting the stuff I collected. And it works.

So writing unorganized 'Spaghetti Code' a long time ago teached me to organize something else today. Take the good with the bad. The other good part was : If you survived BASIC, you were able to survive nearly every programming language. (My opinion. But please don't start with it today if you seriously want to learn programming, there are better options.)


No comments:

Post a Comment